Hair CareYou might be worried because you have a history of hair loss in your family. Well, you will be happy to know that there are various ways to restore thinning hair. FUE hair transplant is one of the many ways you can get back a full head of hair.

What is FUE?

Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is a more advanced method of hair transplantation than any of its predecessors. Fue Clinics explains it as a minimally invasive outpatient procedure that involves individually removing healthy hair follicles from the scalp (donor areas) and transplanting them onto the balding areas (recipient areas).

How It Works

Although the basic principle does not differ from other transplant procedures, its popularity comes from the more natural-looking results. Using a specialised extraction instrument less than 1 mm in diameter, a highly experienced doctor will extract hair follicles from the donor area, usually on the sides and back of the head, and transfer them onto the recipient areas. As this is a minimally invasive surgical procedure, you will be conscious the entire time. Complication risks are low and recovery time is quite fast. Your doctor will give you instructions on the aftercare, medication and topical creams to use after the procedure for best results.

How It Differs from Other Hair Restoration Procedures

‘Strip’ transplant involves removing a piece of scalp covered in hair and transplanting them to the balding areas. This leaves considerable scarring, and recovery time may take weeks. FUE, in comparison, does not leave any distinctive scars and recovery time is usually within seven days. The best advantage FUE brings is the high quality and natural result.

Does It Hurt?

As previous patients would describe it, it is more uncomfortable than painful. However, a typical FUE procedure may take about eight hours, so patients are advised to have extra patience.

Since the hair transplanted on the recipient areas are still your hair, it will be permanent and grow as normal hair. There will be a 90% permanent uptake in about 10 months while the remaining 10% of the hair follicles will remain in the resting phase.

Spread the love